I had these perfectly ripe peaches and I was really excited to make a peach cobbler. I always cook the fruit and crumble separately so it gets crispy, but today it went terribly wrong. When I got the bag of oats out of the pantry, it was open, but I didn’t think much of it. I poured the maple syrup in with cinnamon and pecans and then mixed it up normally. I spread the granola crumble onto a sheet pan to cook and as I was putting it in the oven, I noticed a black bug on the side. I figured it must have landed while transferring it from the counter to the oven, no big deal, so I picked it out.
Everything cooked successfully, and then I assembled the crumble. When I went to serve it, I noticed another bug. Weird. Scooped it out with a spoon and served it from the other side. When I sat down I found two more bugs in mine and Syd had 3!! The cobbler was infested!
I looked at the extra oats still on the sheet pan and found a bunch of other bugs too. Ahhhh!! Everything went straight into the trash and we had dinner without dessert.
Tomorrow’s project is cleaning out the pantry because clearly we have a bug problem. Seal your oats people!
No comments:
Post a Comment