Friday, October 1, 2021

Dog Pink Volleyball Game

We hosted our Dig Pink volleyball game for the first time in two years last night, and people came out in hearts to support Breast Cancer Awareness and Mercy. It was the most people I have EVER seen at a Mercy Athletics event. So big Kelly and I almost weren’t enough people to handle the crowd! 
Three levels of teams played against our rival Notre Dame Belmont. Freshman and JV won, and the varsity game was a nail biter, but we came up short. 

The varsity pregame ceremony started with a prayer for those effected by breast cancer, the national anthem, and recognizing individuals in our community who have survived or are currently batted beast cancer. 

Look at how full the stands are!!! We had to open the other side for overflow seating. I’ve never seen that at a Mercy even before!

Dancing team performing between sets. 

Cheer team performing between sets. 

It was a wonderful event!! It really showed the Mission of Mercy and the community in Athletics. I’m really proud of our program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment