Friday, July 31, 2026

Spontaneous Trip

​We both had a free Friday so we spontaneously packed up the car and went to Sacramento. Syd has been wanting to fly fish and show me his home golf course where he grew up and we made a day of it. 


Syd fishing on the American river this morning. I read by the water in the shade. 


We played golf at the Ansel Hoffman golf course. It is a city course, but in great condition. We started in 85 degrees and ended the round in 100! It was hot. But every few holes they have water fill stations and there are lots of tree for shade (and for hitting your ball into), so it made the heat more tolerable. 

After we played Syd ran and jumped in the river.

 I was unsure about going in and floating, but Syd convinced me because he said it wasn’t very deep. I felt much more comfortable knowing I could stand up if I wanted to in the current. 

I am very proud of myself for doing it!

We drove home this evening so we could feed Arthur. It is much cooler here at 63 degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment