Tuesday, July 7, 2026

The Swell is Coming

​The waves have been flat for the last three days so says was very happy that the swell had been building throughout the day. This morning we hiked up to the top of the platform to look at the surf. 

We could see a little white water forming, but they wouldn’t be surfable until the afternoon. 

This was my view until lunch. 


The chef made us sushimi with the rest of our fish. It was so tender and we ate it with soy sisve and lime. 

The surf boat left at 1pm, and since it was a calm day, I decided to go too. I am feeling a lot more comfortable on small boats these days!

Syd surfed at the break called Will’s. Off he goes!

I stayed in the boat with the captain in the channel. You could see the waves roll in, but we were behind so I couldn’t see who caught the wave. 

While Syd was out I thought about how crazy it is to be in the middle of the South Pacific floating on a small boat. 


Syd got a few waves but tomorrow the swell is supposed to be enormous. Syd is stoked! I hope he stays safe!! He will, he’s good in the water. 

This evening’s sunset. Good night!  



1 comment:

  1. Great day, and ends with fish sushi you caught! Nice.

    ReplyDelete