My students were grumbling about it being Columbus Day today and not having the day off. I have to admit, at 7AM, I was kind of in agreement. But as the day picked up, it got better and better. At lunch time I found out I have Wednesday off! WOO! The girls are taking the PSAT and since I am not proctoring the test, I am not needed in the office. After hearing the news all thoughts about having a long week went away. It is supposed to be 100 degrees on Wednesday. Beach anyone?!
In other Columbus Day news, today was the Pumpkin Weigh Off in Half Moon Bay. I used to drive by all the pumpkins lined up to be weighed on the way to school when I went to Sea Crest. I stumbled across this article about the winning pumpkin. Even down here in SoCal, HMB made the news.
Pumpkin Pie sounds good all of a sudden. I need to get my hands on some.
___
Oh, and, my pitching coach at Towson writes a pitching blog and she added a link to her website about Dear Devils. Check it out, if you like. Thanks Coach Poole!
That's nice she posted about Dear Devils! Even used the poster picture, cool.
ReplyDelete