
This morning RR decided to wear her lady bug costume in the Pumpkin Festival parade and K had extra wings so we all walked to town as a fleet of lady bugs. The parade is about 2 blocks long down Main Street in HMB and it feels very Small Town USA. The kids line up on the curb trying to catch candy, and the parents and adults are as many as 6 people deep in some spots to see the view. I hadn't walked in the parade since I was... 9? But is was fun to walk and see the kids in costumes and smile and wave at the crowd.
These two little boys are in RR's class. They are dressed as Buster Posey and Tim Lincecum. Nice to be back in Giants territory!
 |
| Grandma Audrey and Dad watching the parade |
My favorite part of Pumpkin Festival is that year after year it is always the same. You can always buy the same pie, hamburgers, and ice cream in the same spot. I love the hamburgers from the Lions Club with just ketchup. When I was younger I used to eat 4 in a weekend (2 each day of the festival because I thought they were so good), and for old times sake, I ate 2 today. In the process they tasted great, but after I felt like I needed to go to the gym. I haven't eaten that much meat in weeks.
 |
| Getting ready to wax our hands |
One of the most popular booths in town is the wax hand booth. I remember making dipping my hand in wax every year with my friends the Koerpers. This year I talked RR into making a wax hand for the first time. Last year we were standing in line but then she got nervous and decided not to.
 |
| Old Pro |
 |
| First timer |
We both dipped our hands in the same shape of "I love you" in sign language. RR's is cute and little, but the people had trouble getting mine off because of my crocked little finger got stuck. They had to dip my hand in extra wax because it almost cracked. My family, especially K, found this very amusing.
 |
| Yay! |
Here we are with the finished product.
What fun and everyone kept the secret of your surprise visit, not so easy! Love the ladybug wings!
ReplyDelete