I spent most of the day yesterday at the softball field with my 12u team. We had two must win games. My job is primarily to deal with the pitchers I warm them up and also call pitches during the game. Before the first game I was catching for one of the girls on the bucket and she nailed me just right on my shin. It hit me so hard I felt nauseous and it immediately swelled up like a balloon. Of course, I tried to play it cool, and sat calmly back down on my bucket, but WOW, what goes around comes around! Sorry dad for hitting you all those times!!
In the second game, Lexi, our ace set a goal to throw her curve ball for the first time in a game. I remember being 12 and making that decision too. Scary at first, but it is fall ball, and fall league is the best time of the year to learn and work on new pitches. In the second inning, Lexi was ahead in the count 0-2 so I called a curve. The batter swung and missed at a pitch that was way outside. From where I was sitting I couldn't tell if the pitch broke, but it was outside and we crossed that hurdle of being nervous about throwing a new pitch in a game. Yay Lexi! She threw two more during the game and even struck out another batter with it. Pretty cool. She is officially a breaking ball pitcher.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteRemember that boogey board I always used? To catch a pitcher safely you need two things: a bucket and...
ReplyDelete