Saturday, June 23, 2012

Country Concert

I went to see a country concert tonight at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills this evening. Leann Rimes was singing with the LA Gay Men's Chorus. A little big contradictory, country music and gay men, but the concert was awesome. I couldn't help but have a huge smile on my face the entire time because it was so entertaining.

Purple Curtain























Chorus and Leann
The chorus was definitely the star of the show. I was worried that I should have brushed up on my Leann Rimes songs before the show but, Leann only sang 4 songs the entire night, but she proved that she has an amazing voice. All the other songs were country hits that I knew the words to. It wasn't really a setting where you could sing along or cheer, but you could tell the audience was into it. Many of the songs had dancers down in front and the dance moves great. I wanted to be on stage too because they were having so much fun.





Singing Red Solo Cup
During one of the medleys they sang red solo cup! My family would have enjoyed it.


The concert exceeded my expectations. Courtney and I envisioned shirtless men in ripped jeans and cowboy boots dancing behind Leann Rimes. We saw a bit of that, but most were wearing plaid shirts and jeans. If you ever have a chance to see the chorus, you should definitely go. They are incredibly talented and put on a worthwhile show.

No comments:

Post a Comment