Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sparks Game

There is no such thing as too much sports in my life, and with that being said Sabrina, Erin, and I went to an LA Sparks game last night. The LA Sparks is the women's professional basketball team that plays at the Staples Center. I have driven by the Staples Center many times in Downtown LA and it was cool to finally see what all the hype is about.






Front Row Seats
Someone gave Sabrina 4 court side seats to last night's game. We sat right behind the Sparks' bench, so close I could smell the Tiger Balm that the trainers were rubbing on the players. They were awesome seats for my first professional basketball game. (We are having great seat luck this week, btw.)













Candice Parker, no zoom needed
The two notable players for the Sparks are Candice Parker (probably the most famous women's basketball player right now because Lisa Leslie retired, however Lisa was at the game with her son) and Nneka Ogwumike. Parker is just kind of whatever in my book. She is a great player, but I didn't like her attitude. She seemed bored, talked back to the coach, didn't say please or thank you to the coach, and was kind of rude to her teammates. However, Sabrina is infatuated with her. She was so stoked be to right next to her favorite player.










Nneka After the Game
My favorite Spark is Nneka because she is from Stanford. We saw her play against UCLA and she was amazing and the leader of their team last year. She also played in the final four during March Madness and I was really impressed with her when she was interviewed. Stanford Education was totally worth it. Nneka was the first round draft pick to the WNBA. She actually scored more points than Parker last night and had her first professional career double-double (double digit points and rebounds, ha I learn basketball terms all the time from Sabrina). She is fun to watch, and her and Parker compliment each other well. I also like Nneka because her jersey number is 30 too, so she gets extra points.

I expressed my approval of Nneka over Candice Parker and how she had a better game in front of Sabrina and I got a "shhhh, Claire!!!" I guess you don't mention things like that inside the basketball arean. Again, I am learning basketball tid bits all the time.


Parks shooting, the girl blocking her shot is SUPER skinny
The Sparks won 90-74. I like women's basketball because it still seems like a sport as opposed to men's basketball where it is just tall men running up and down a court easily putting the ball in the hoop. It is boring to me, but hey, what do I know? My favorite sports include long pauses and lots of standing around.









Sabrina With Her Signed Jersey
After the game Candice Parker was signing autographs right in front of us. Sabrina quickly stripped off her jersey and Parker signed it!! Super cool. I am always too shy to ask for autographs because I like to be pushy but Sabrina stepped right up and asked her. I was impressed.















Sparky the Mascot Sat Next to Me

Good first experience at a WNBA game. I am afraid now that I have sat so close it wont be worth going back if our seats aren't as good.











No comments:

Post a Comment