Thursday, June 7, 2012

Giants vs Padres

Being a teacher is awesome because I don't think there is any other job that would allow me to wake up on a Thursday morning in June and spontaneously decide to drive to San Diego to catch the 12:35 Giants game and have a best friend who could come with me. Life is great.

Sabrina and I drove to SD this morning for the Giants vs. Padres game. It is only a 2 hour drive and I had never been to Petco Park before, so hey, why not? We sat in the best seats I have ever sat in at a baseball game, right next to the Giants bullpen. I was stoked!

Petco Park is beautiful (not as nice as the Jewel, of course) and the atmosphere is really laid back. I would totally rather drive the 2 hours to see the Giants in SD than go to Dodger Stadium in LA. Yuck. Sabrina said Petco made Dodger Stadium look like the DMV. I agree. I also like Petco because there were more Giants fans around than Padre fans. Our entire section was orange and you could see it everywhere. I overheard the lone Padre fans behind us say they were used to losing.
Cain Warming Up





We got to watch Matt Cain warm up with Buster Posey. OMG it was so cool! I was in heaven. Cain is really composed and routine when he pitches. He does everything the same ever pitch, even his breathing. I liked seeing the Shoe Goo on his shoe too.


Cain's Pitching Toe
















Buster and I. Thanks to Sabrina for humoring me with the pictures and pretending to be a Giants fan.












They weren't kidding
The third pitch of the game was a line drive foul ball that landed 3 rows right in front of Sabrina and I. WOAH. We totally had to be heads up the entire game, especially for leftys. I almost brought my glove to the game (I was holding it), but then I walked back to the car because I didn't want to carry it. I also wished I had brought my helmet just in case.

The Giants won 8-3, but of course made things interesting by loading the bases in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. Giants torture even in San Diego. We saw 3 Giants homeruns (Posey, Pagan, and Blanco) so it was a good offensive day for the team.

When we left the stadium, traffic was bad on the 5 so we cut over to a small beach community and found the small Mexican food stand we had eaten at a few months ago when we came to the Sports Psychology conference. We didn't remember the name of the name of the street so it was incredibly lucky we stumbled upon it. My internal GPS kicked in rather impressively. Turns out the place is called Roberto's.






After we ordered our tacos and the best churros we have ever tasted (the main reason we went back to the restaurant), we took our food to the beach and ate dinner on the rocks. Such a fun day. Sabrina and I decided that we are going to try to make the most of this summer considering our year is always busy and at times stressful.






I love summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment