Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday at Home

Livewires
We went to the softball field early this morning for the Livewires' game. RR's team lost 2-1 in a really close game, but the girls still had a good time and tried hard. There was lots of cheering coming from the dugout. RR is usually the one to encourage her team to cheer. Here they are singing and stomping on the bench.

Abby
I really like this little girl's helmet. She is a big Giant's fan too!

After the game, RR, my dad, and I went berry picking down the coast. We picked a ton of olallieberries, about 10lbs in two baskets. We spent about an hour picking and totally came at the right time because when we were leaving a ton of people showed up. Not sure how many berries would have been left!
The big pie
At home, we baked up a storm two pies, one big, one normal. I made up an on the spot recipe for olallieberry cobbler with bisquick and extra cinnamon that is a real winner. We also made a big pot of jam. Dessert for dinner... and breakfast and lunch tomorrow!
I am so full of baked fruit it is not even funny, but it is so good, I wish I could figure out a way to fly some berry goodies home to Pasadena tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment