 |
| Eaton Canyon Trail Head |
One of my summer bucket list items was to hike to the waterfalls in Pasadena. Eaton Canyon Park is right up the street from where I live and it is totally tucked away in the hills. Who knew there were water falls so close to LA, right?
 |
| Following the Creek |
The hike was pretty and lush and green next to the creek. As soon as you got too far way from the water there is a ton of cactus and it seemed like the desert. California terrain is definitely diverse. Courtney and I were really surprised with how many people were hiking. I guess other people wanted to take advantage of the nice Sunday weather too.
 |
| What I wanted the Falls to look like |
 |
| What is actually looked like |
When we finally made it to the falls, it was almost too crowded to enjoy. We ended up sitting by the creek a ways down from the waterfalls because the noise and dogs were overwhelming. I like hiking, but the only way I am going to ever take this trail again is early in the morning on a week day. A little disappointing, but I am still happy to be outside and cross something off my list.
still nice...beats The Mall
ReplyDelete