![]() |
| Coach Close Speaking to the Group in the Pavilion Club |
Coach Close said two things that resonated with me. The first one was "I am in the business of raising young women through basketball." I was interested in this because this is the same mantra that I have a coach and I was impressed to find a college coach who is investing time in creating good people instead of just trying to win championships.
The other quote coach said that made me reflect was "it takes a village to raise a coach." At first I thought this was a little cliche, but then she started taking about all the people who have influenced her as a coach. Coach has worked with decorated coaches around the country and she talked about what she has learned from each one of them. This made me think about who has influenced me and my coaching style, like my dad, my pitching coaches, and the Wil Devils, and I realized how appreciative I am for each one and I want to do a better job expressing it.
Anyway, a good evening. I learned tonight that it doesn't have to be "you're" sport that teaches you how to be a better coach. There are learning opportunities everywhere.


No comments:
Post a Comment