We drove down to Newport Beach today to have a beach day at Crystal Cove. The beaches in Orange County are way nicer than in LA. The water is clearer and the sand is much cleaner. We got to the beach around 10:30 and it worked out perfectly because it wasn't crowded yet. OC is different that Santa Monica because there are cliffs before you walk down to the beach. It kind of feels like Nor Cal and the waves are pretty big. Lots of surfers.
We picked a great day for swimming and kicking the soccer ball around. It is Shark Week on the Discovery Channel so I thought twice when I saw dolphins and seals swimming around close to the shore. If shark food is close by sharks might be too!
I am determined to make the most out of my last week if summer. So far so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment