Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Tie Dye

Today was Tie Dye day at camp. Every time I tie dye shirts with kids I always swear I will never do it again, but then I remember the kids have fun, and they enjoy it, so I put on my brave crafting face and do it. I bought HW shirts for all the girls at the school store and it proved to be genius idea.

First we soaked the shirts with the hose and crinkled them up with rubber bands.
I had about 12 different color dyes for the girls to choose from. They all chose different color combinations and so far none of them have turned brown. I was happy because the mess pretty limited today. Table clothes and gloves were key.

The dye is setting over night and tomorrow morning we will open the shirts up to see what they look like. I tried to make mine look like a softball with yellow and and two round stripes for the laces of the ball. We will see how it turned out. I hope I successfully recreated my vision.

I would like to add that my two littlest campers are the fiercest. Molly and Lola both won camp competitions today and their prize was eye black stickers. Future HWSB players!

No comments:

Post a Comment