Sunday, August 24, 2014

Paddle Boarding

At 7:30 this morning I got a crazy idea that I couldn't go paddle boarding without a Gopro camera. All in the name of the blog, right?

Syd, Lisa, and I went down to Marina del Rey and rented paddle boards to paddle around the bay. Paddle boarding was on my summer bucket list and I waited until the last day of summer to cross it off. 

The boards are a lot more stable than a surfboard and easy to paddle around. Having strong legs and good balance is a plus. I had some trouble turning at first, but I got the hang of it and I didn't fall off once! The next step is to join the paddle board yoga class. It looked intense... I can't even touch my toes on land.

While paddling around we saw fish, a seal, and a ton of sting rays! Apparently they breed in the Marina so you have to shuffle your feet when you get in the water. I think I saw at least 15 rays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment