Saturday, January 9, 2016

Fit Studio

I have been taking Zumba Classes at Fit Studio in HMB. It is good cardio, and the best part is when you are dancing you don't feel like you are exercising. During Zumba I usually track my calories and burn about 300-350. It's a good workout. 

One of the women I met in class convinced me to try a class called BodyStep. It is a step aerobics class, with high energy, new music, and no 80's leg warmers. I went to the class this morning because it was challenging and a nice change of pace to the same old Zumba routines. I was brave and used 2 risers under my step so I could blend in with the rest of the class. I after the first song I knew my legs were going to be burning! There were lots of squats and lunges. When class was over I was dripping in sweat and happy to see my watch displaying 490 burned calories. That's a great workout!

I hope I can walk tomorrow. There is another class on Monday night and if I have recovered by then I will try to make that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment