Saturday, July 3, 2021

Kauai

Hi from Kauai! We are staying at the Waimea Plantation Cottages on the west side of the island. I stayed here when I was a kid with my parents, and it is exactly how I remember it! It is quiet, right on the beach, and the cottages are private and have a full kitchen. However, it still looks like it is in the early 90’s which isn’t exactly what we were expecting. The website made the cottages look updated. The space is perfect, we have a kitchen, and good size bed, but it’s not the luxury Syd envisioned when we arrived last night. Luckily this morning when the sun was up, he felt better about it because of the proximity to the beach...

Our one bedroom cottage. Feels kind cabin line, but it has what we need. 

Our kitchen. 

View this morning while the sun was rising. I woke up at 3am, 6am CA time. 




This afternoon I did some yoga and reading in front of the ocean while Syd surfed. 

Best part of the day was we bought fresh ahi tuna steaks and grilled them at the grilling station in front of our cottage. We made corn too and it was an awesome dinner with a rainbow. 

1 comment: