Sunday, July 18, 2021

Van Gogh Exhibit

My family went to the van Gogh exhibit is San Francisco today. I didn’t really know what to expect, all I knew is that his paintings would be projected on a wall. 

The exhibit is in a big warehouse/parking garage that was converted into a place for art. You walk into a giant room with circles projected on the floor. There are people scattered all over sitting in the circles with their pods or families. They give you sit upons so you can comfortably sit on the floor.  

Family pod. 

Claire and Syd pod, courtesy of Kristin. 

For about 30 minutes, van Gogh’s art is projected all over the walls and floor in an animated fashion to dramatic music. I recognized some of his really famous works, and there were other like flies and skulls, that I had never seen before. We have a Vincent van Gogh art book when I was a kid that I liked to look at, so that brought back some memories. 

Irises. 

Starry Night. I liked the moon. 

The water had a really cool and shimmery effect. 

One of the self portraits. 

Sunflowers, so pretty!

It was pretty cool. A new way to think about and see art in the age of Covid. 

Syd, RR, and me. 

This was an outing to start the celebration of Dad’s birthday this week. Happy early Birthday, Dad!

Mask smiles!

1 comment: