Sunrise from our Burre.
Namatu island, home of a famous surf resort. Syd surfed to the right of it (a famous left wave) the day before, but today it was a bathtub.
Dolphins! They are spinner dolphins so much smaller than the ones we have at home, but very playful. You can see the little fin.
Tons of coral. We swam around the reef shelf, where it drops off into deeper water, and saw a lot of cool fish and coral. Syd really had a good time diving and looking under the coral.
Us on the boat!
This evening we were watching the sunset and a thunderstorm rolled in quickly. It poured rain for about 10 min, the most rain we have seen. I thought it would be like Hawaii with rain every day, but we are on the dry side of the island and they are in a huge drought. Everyone was happy to see the rain.
Tomorrow we head back to the main island. I am so grateful for our time here at the Lomani. It was peaceful and relaxing and was perfect for Syd and I to unplug after a busy few months. We definitly want to come back here because it has everything we need. World class surfing, snorkeling, good food, beautiful weather, and peace. I highly recommend people coming here instead of Hawaii!
Will post when I get internet at our next resort.
No comments:
Post a Comment