Our trusty rental car.
Syd had a pretty scary adventure on the surf boat today. The wind picked up and he said he was in rolling waves out over the channel. He said the captain made him feel as calm as he could, but basically Syd had the plan that if the boat capsized he would find a surfboard and try to paddle for as long as he could. They didn’t find any waves and took an hour and a half to get back to the dock. I am so happy he made it back safely!!!! It’s a crazy story for sure, and I can’t believe he wants to go back out tomorrow (in much calmer seas).
We are staying in one of the over water bungalows that are iconic of Fiji. We felt like we couldn’t come all the way here and not stay in one for a few nights, so we are treating ourselves.
On our balcony out over the lagoon.
Our room. The high ceilings are dramatic.
The tide goes in and out and these stairs get more or less submerged. This was at low tide.
Swimming in the lagoon. Looking forward to sun tomorrow because I was cold today. As we speak (it’s dark and 7:30pm), I just heard someone jump off their balcony into the water. I can also hear fish!
Syd jumping at high tide.
Here are the over water burre’s lit up at night.
We are the first one on the right.
Fish all around our stairs!
Just heard more people jump in the water. It’s a very cool and unique experience. Happy to be here and looking forward to tomorrow.
wow ~ love this detailed and exciting post! What a super vacation you two are having. GREAT photos too.
ReplyDeletetotally cool Dad
ReplyDelete