Our view while waiting for the snorkel boat.
The coral was different than we had seen before and there was a big drop off. The schools of fish were really active.
The purple was really beautiful.
Syd really liked diving down to explore the deeper coral.
We saw a coral snake!!! They are super poisonous, but they tend to not bother people. I took a video accidentally, but got a screenshot for this photo. The white and black rings were luminous and it moved really smoothly. Right after this I told Syd to swim the other direction, I didn’t want to ge any closer to the snake than I had to!
Snorkel selfie. Harder than it looks.
We also walked around our island a bit and in the shallows we saw a reef shark!!!! I didn’t have my phone with me, but I would say it was about two and a half feet long, so a baby. It was really fast and was gliding along. We could see the white tip of the fin which was cool. I have never seen a shark in the wild (not in the aquarium) so that felt pretty amazing. Definitly an animal worth respecting.
We are enjoying the ocean life here in Fiji. Really grateful for this experience.
beautiful photos!
ReplyDelete