Sunday, September 26, 2010

Church With Momma U


Earlier I mentioned that I didn't eat breakfast on Friday... and now here is why. On Friday morning Christina and I woke up early to help Momma Ursi at church and I didn't have time to eat. The Lommis congregation was having a thanksgiving type celebration this weekend and Momma U was in charge of making the center pieces and the offering arrangements with a committee of 5 other women. We helped them carry all of the vegetables and baskets into the church and then tried to arrange them to look pretty. We used everything from corn, potatoes, bell peppers, carrots, to eggs and chestnuts.

After about 2 hours the women were happy with how everything looked.

Ch was volunteered to vacuum during clean up time. I have never seen anyone vacuum cement before! Very Swiss.
On Saturday night Ch and I decided it would be nice to go with Momma U to church since we helped decorate. The church service was in German, but because of Catholic school, I could tell which prayers they were saying and what was going on. Religion transcends all languages, I guess...

When we got home from church the Miss Switzerland competition was on TV. Ch and I sat with Momma Ursi and Sepp in the living room eating chocolate cake and drinking coffee (tea for me), while we picked out our favorite girls to win. It was a nice and quiet last Saturday night with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment