Friday, September 17, 2010

Nadja's Graduation


Christina and I went to Nadja's graduation from nursing school last night. It was held in a movie theater and wayyy different than any graduation ceremony I have ever been to. No Pomp and Circumstance or caps and gowns, and it was short and sweet. The Swiss know how to do graduation right!

The event started off with a really cool A cappella group dressed in tuxedos who beat boxed and sang pop songs. They also spoke English, which was much appreciated. After the president of the school gave a short speech all of the graduates were called up on stage and received their diplomas. It was interesting because most people didn't clap or cheer when a graduate's name was called, but don't worry, Ch and I made sure to make a scene when Nadja was called up on stage. She was the most well loved in the room.
Nadja's class on stage.

After the ceremony the school provided drinks and appetizers for all of the guests. Everyone stayed to chat, drink wine and take pictures.
Congratulations N! We are very proud of you.

1 comment: