Monday, September 6, 2010

Devils Kids Game


We had Sunday off from softball and any obligations so Christina and I decided to cheer on the Devils' kid team. The kids were playing about a half hour away from Lommis in a town called Embrach. It was a really nice field, but was kind of bizarre at the same time because it was on the grounds of a psych ward and it had donkeys in left field! Never seen that before....

The Devils were playing the Black Hawks and it was fun to see the two teams play because 3 of the kids on the team are also in the academy. We rooted for the Devils, of course, but cheered for the other 3 boys too who pitched and got some good hits.
With our Black Hawk boys.

The most exciting thing for me to see about the game was that Nadine, the girl who I worked with last summer and this year too, played shortstop and batted 5th. She has become a great young ball player. In a few years she is going to be a big asset to the Devil softball team too.
Nadine on base.

The game was close until the last inning when the Devils ended up losing. I talked to a few parents during the games and they told me how much the kids like having Ch and I help out with the team. That was really encouraging to hear because sometimes I feel like the kids just think we are loud and nagging them to move their feet and hustle. One mother told us that she hoped we stay with the club all year, or at least come back next summer. It is nice to feel wanted and needed!
After the game we showered the kids with high fives and passed out cookies. We love our Devil Kids!

1 comment:

  1. Just figured out your new job: Ambassador of Softball. Write a letter to the President.

    ReplyDelete