Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Crafting

Little known fact: I was voted "Most Likely to Become Martha Stewart" by my senior class. I liked to bake, craft, and everyone knew how much I like ribbon.

I recently took on some Halloween crafting projects, a wreath made out of candy corn and my costume. I have some extra time on my hands, so I thought, why not? I haven't done anything super creative in a while.

I figured these projects would be fun, but as usual, I had bit off more than I wanted to chew when it comes to projects. Individually placing candy corn so it looks half way decent has been incredibly time consuming. And, I didn't realize that craft glue melts sugar so the candies don't stick as planned. UGH! It took me 3 nights to get all of the candy to stick and line up properly. Just today I finally got the ribbon pinned on and it is hanging on our door.


This is the wreath that was the bane of my existence for a while. It looks good here in this picture, but two candy corns fell off and I am pretending not to care. Actually, if the wreath falls down when the door closes I will probably celebrate. It is hung up with a bobby pin and a loop from a key chain. Creative thinking, at least, but I have come to terms with the idea that it will not last forever.

For Halloween I have decided to be Candy Buttons (the pink, blue, and yellow dot candy that comes on while paper). I got the idea from the Katy Perry "California Gurls" music video, because she wore a really cool candy button dress. Above is my version of the dress. It wasn't horrible to make (not as bad as the wreath), but I have decided that I am over crafting for a while.... well at least until Christmas because we make ginger bread houses every year.

So, Mercy High School class of 2004, I will NEVER become Martha Stewart because two craft projects in one year is enough for me. Ha.

.... But maybe I am all talk because right after I initially posted this I made 2 pumpkin pies and helped cook dinner. Hello, Martha?

No comments:

Post a Comment