Monday, October 25, 2010

Seattle Weekend

My family and I made it home from Seattle after a nice Grout weekend. I don't think I had ever seen so many Grouts in one place in my entire life. I was really impressed/touched/moved with the amount of family that turned out for my grandmother's memorial. All six Grout families were in attendance and all 18 cousins were there except one who lives on the east coast. I don't really know my extended family that well because I lived far away from them while growing up, and I guess it seems obvious to say that out of all the Grouts I know my dad the best, since I am his daughter, but this weekend but it was cool to see that my dad's brother's and sisters are like him. Supportive and caring.

I think I have mentioned before that my grandma was an artist. I was very excited to inherit this painting of softball players. I plan on framing it and putting it in my house one day.

Before going home we did a little site seeing in the rain. You can't make a trip to Seattle without going to Pike Place Market. RR was excited to go because her school has adopted the Fish philosophy for people working together that originated at the Seattle fish market. We got to see the market workers cheerfully throwing fish and we walked away with some smoked salmon.


And, I must add, that after many nights of my dad wearing the Giant's Panda hat in Half Moon Bay, the Giants won the NLCS on Saturday night and they are going to the World Series!!!! Good thing we brought the hat with us because the game on Saturday was tense to the last out and we needed every ounce of luck we could get for the Giants to pull off the 3-2 win. So exciting. The other Grouts definitely got a kick out of how big of baseball fans the "California Grouts" were.

Now we are home in HMB and it was great to sleep in my bunk bed last night. Bring on the week of Orange and Black. Halloween and Giants baseball. Doesn't get much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment