Thursday, June 23, 2011

Beach and Wreckers

My day started off at the beach, which was really awesome. I went with my roommate Coy and our friend Heather. We laid out for a little (with a ton of sunscreen) and then we played frisbee.

I couldn't believe it but I ended up getting in the water. Our frisbee game got a little out of hand so we didn't have a choice but to fish the frisbee out. This was actually the first time I have ever been in the water in SoCal. True confession, right there. It was cold at first but you get used to it quickly because it is sooo much warmer than in Half Moon Bay!

I had a men's league game tonight in Pasadena. The captain of the Wreckers knows Brett from college soccer, so after both Dave and I worked on Brett for a while, he decided to come play tonight. Brett used to play in South Africa and he said this was the first game he had played in 6 years.
Above is Brett at bat. He hit a shot to center field and all the Wreckers are hoping he comes back next week too.

I felt like I was in college again today while I was playing. Brett caught for me and called my pitches and I only gave up 2 hits. The other team was really frustrated so that was fun. I haven't pitched that well hitting spots and mixing in my change up in who knows how long (actually, I guess you could say 3 years. ha) I also went 3-4 with a double at the plate. The double was hands down the best hit I have ever gotten in my life. It was to deep left but because the men play so deep in the outfield in this league and there isn't a fence.

Not sure who is going to be more sore tomorrow, me or Brett. I am spent after that kind of performance at the field.

Bring on the weekend.



1 comment: