<-Anyway... this was my view of the TV tonight. An ice pack and Ace bandage. I had a men's league game, but the other team didn't show up. Disappointing because our whole team was there and ready to play. The guys asked me to pitch some batting practice. Sure, why not? I am already at the field so might as well.
Of course, I didn't just throw fastballs at them, because I knew that would be dangerous to my health. I threw my curve, screw, change up, and off speed pitches, but one guy tagged a low outside curve ball right into my shin. No, Dad, it did not knock me over (he asked me that on my Facebook status), but it hurt like hell. I played it cool and kept pitching while my leg began to swell up. You can see the seems perfectly from the ball. Unfortunately the picture doesn't do the gigantic lump justice. One of my roomates pointed out that one of my legs concaves (the right one with my huge scar) and the other leg convexes (left where the point of impact took place tonight). What will my legs look like when I hit age 30?!?! AH!
My initial reaction was that I shattered my shin bone, but now I am only talking about it because it is a good story from my day. I am happy I can walk, we will see how sore I am tomorrow.
I wonder what kinds of colors the bruise will turn? I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment