Saturday, June 11, 2011

June Gloom

The sun hasn't come out in the Valley for a good 4-5 days. So weird for SoCal, but everyone around here is calling it June Gloom like it is normal. I am not a fan. It is still warm so you can wear shorts and a tshirt, but it is oddly humid. Yuck.

Anyway, I spent the afternoon at the Mid Valley softball field promoting summer camp. There was a big 8u and 10u tournament going on so I tried to talk to parents and get them interested in sending their daughters to camp. I hope people sign up!

It was so cute to see all the little softball players. I think they were having more fun running around the snack bar and hanging out with their friends all dressed up in uniforms, hair ribbons, and eye black, than actually playing.

My favorite little team happened to be purple and when they walked from field to field they lined up in a line and sang "Everywhere we go, people want to know, who we are, so we tell them..." I loved it! The girls aren't going to remember the score of the game in 10 years, but they are going to remember how much fun they had playing summer softball with all their friends.

The tournament director was standing next to me when the purple team passed and he said "This is what makes softball great."

I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment