Today was characterized by doing girly things in Beverly Hills with my friends Sara and Jessica. Sara's family lives in Beverly Hills and is in walking distance from all the fun touristy stuff. Instead of walking down the north end of Beverly Blvd, we headed south for mani/pedis, lunch, coffee, and, the highlight, a bagel.
1. I love bagels and East Coast bagels are the best because they are boiled and have a perfect crust on the outside and are fluffy inside.
2. The store imports water from Brooklyn just to boil the bagels in. I learned about the importance of NY water when making bagels while playing softball in college against Hofstra University.
3. I had heard about the bagel shop on TV because Larry King opened it because he missed NY bagels so much (and I miss them too!).
I got a classic plain one toasted with butter. The bagel was everything I dreamed of and I will have to go back!
Yay for a fun Saturday with friends and for a good bagel.
No comments:
Post a Comment