Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Echo Mountain

I did a little exploring in Pasadena yesterday and I hiked up Echo Mountain in Pasadena for the first time. Echo Mountain is the big mountain right behind where I live off of Lake Ave. I didn't know it, but there used to be a railway and resort above Pasadena in the hills.











Part of the Hotel and the Train Wheel.
The trail takes about an hour and 15 minutes to walk up. In 1900 people used to take the train to vacation in the foothills of Southern California. The buildings are gone now, but you can see the ruins. There are a few left over train cars laying around. In the picture you can see the wheel that used to pull the train into the station.


Panoramic View from the Top
It was chilly but a super clear day, with just a little haze. It was cool to be able to see the ships coming into the harbor in West LA and Santa Monica. Usually you can't see that far because the air is too dirty.




I didn't get a picture of the Monks but here is their fancy car!
When I was hiking I saw 3 Tibetan Monks walking in their bright orange outfits. I didn't know we had monks in the area and I thought it was interesting to see them. Most bizarre part was that they got into this white BMW and drove away! These monks are doing something right if they can afford a beamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment