Friday, January 11, 2013

UCLA vs. WSU

I watched the UCLA women's basketball team play Pac-12 rival WSU. It's funny because most of my Grout family went there and are big fans, however, my family never really showed any allegiance to the school... I kept thinking about that during the game.

Hawaiian #3 shooting free throws
UCLA got off to a slow start, but they ended up winning 78-52. Both teams were really high energy tonight, especially in the 2nd half, so it was fun to watch. I enjoyed watching my favorite freshman Kari Korver, but I also was impressed with #3 from WSU. She is a freshman from Hawaii and she had a really aggressive style of play. I could tell she grew up with brothers. Her left arm was completely tattooed with a tribal sleeve. This girl was tough. I am looking forward to seeing her when she comes back to play at UCLA in a few years.

So glad I made it to the weekend. I forgot how much working 12 hour days during softball season takes a toll after such a nice vacation.

Bed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment