My favorite class to teach is cardio dance. I made up the curriculum and every day we do a new style of dance like pop, hip hop, line dancing, partner dancing, all kinds of stuff.
The class is held in the red room or the wrestling room. It is covered with soft mats and is very bright. The room is not a dance studio, but we are making due and it is fun dancing around in socks.
The students seem to be enjoying themselves. I could hear a few saying they had fun after class in the halls. My biggest challenge is finding music they like because my favorite dance songs are considered "oldies" to them even though they are from like 2005. I am going to have to add Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber to my play lists.
It's funny though because I am sweating during the class more than the students!!! I guess I'll be in good shape by the time it's over.
good for you!
ReplyDelete