Monday, November 25, 2013

The Buddy Run

For conditioning today my team did "the buddy run" with Coach Tromello. The run is one lap around the track with stops along the way to do 75 squats, shoulder presses, and lunges. They also have to snake through the bleachers of the football stadium as they run by. All if this is done with a ten pound plate, their little buddy, who cannot touch the ground.
Running Bleachers

The girls were awesome during the workout and both Coach Tromello and I were impressed. In fact, I think it might have been too easy. Three freshman finished in the top three, followed by a senior and my freshman pitcher. Way to work ladies!

I like workouts like this because it focused on fitness and athleticism, and it also tests metal toughness. I seriously doubt other teams are doing stuff like this so I am looking forward to seeing our competitive edge on the field. 


No comments:

Post a Comment