Another great day at the convention today. Melanie flew in for the afternoon sessions and it is fun having her here. The best talk of the day was from Lonnie Alameda the head coach at Florida State. Lonnie used to be the assistant coach at Stanford and I LOVED her summer camps growing up. She talked about what is is like to be the "face" and leader of a softball program. Lonnie also made me feel validated because I realized that some of the things she does, like only being positive with players, and hiring assistant coaches who fill your coaching gaps. After hearing Lonnie speak, I am now a huge fan of Florida State and I hope I run into her tomorrow to talk to her!
I had a couple of other famous people sightings today too. I saw Jennie Finch at the Mizuno booth and almost ran into Cat Osterman in the elevator. I am still feeling amazed to be in the same vicinity as some of the best softball players in the world.
Tonight we ate dinner at a new Mediterranean restaurant. It was excellent! They had couscous on the menu that tasted just like my dad's. I also tried brussel sprouts and they actually tasted good. I was shocked. So far so good here in Vegas. Tomorrow we have a full day of speakers and are going to a show in the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment