Here is my year in pictures.
In January Syd and I took our engagement photos with Shanti and we started on our wedding planning journey. There were so many engagement photos that we loved, it was hard to choose one for our Save the Date card. This photo was one of our favorites that didn't get chosen.
February marked the first of MANY softball clinics I gave for local leagues in Southern California. This group in Beverly Hills was a lot of fun. Very young and lively, we felt like we were herding cats trying to keep them focused, but I do love teaching the next generation of softball players and helping other coaches.
Syd and I visited his parents in Colorado for spring break in March. We went skiing at Copper Mountain and I hadn't been on skis since I was 12. I was surprised the mountains still had snow, but there was plenty and the mountain was packed with skiers. Not sure how soon I will go skiing again...
In April, I celebrated my birthday on Catalina Island. Syd and I went snorkeling and the water was colder than I expected. We saw a good number of fish, the best ones were the golden Garibaldi.
Softball season ended in May and I played in the annual Student vs. Faculty softball game. The faculty ended up losing 2-1, but it was a great game! The best part is seeing how competitive everyone is on the field. The girls and adults love to win.
In June, we celebrated Sabrina's graduation from Cal State LA. She has worked hard for her degree and we cheered as loud as we could as she crossed the stage to get her diploma. So proud of you Sabrina!
For vacation in July, Syd and I went to Puerto Vallarta. We liked doing the water sports (sailing and snorkeling), but the vacation made us miss Europe even more. Our count down to a European vacation has officially began.
We worked very hard in August to nurse our poor, baby-cat, Arthur back to health. He had surgery on his lungs, and after a few tense days in the hospital, he pulled through. It took awhile for Arthur's hair to grow back. His tail looked like a lion's for over a month. Now he is as good as new and loving life.
In September I published an article in Softball Magazine about the Alliance of Women Coaches. I attended a couple of conferences led by the organization this year and left them all feeling inspired. I learned how important it is to encourage players to consider coaching as a profession in order for our sport to continue. I hope to continue to network within the Alliance in the coming year.
After much debate, I decided to resign from my job in October and become self employed. I am now coaching privately and exploring options on how to expand Sporting Diamonds. This was one of the biggest changes this year and I have no regrets about it. I am happier, can make my own schedule, and feel lighter.
On November 7th, Syd and I had the best day of our year. Celebrating our wedding with all of our friends and family was amazing. It took the entire year to plan. The day was perfect and I will never forget dancing the night away with all the people I love (especially Syd!). Thank you again to everyone who helped us celebrate!
The most unexpected change happened this December, when Syd and I found an awesome place to live in Moss Beach and we moved to Northern California. If you told me last January that we would be living here now, I wouldn't have believed you. I was sad to leave Pasadena, shorts weather, and my friends, but Syd and I agreed that we needed to do something else, and leave the hustle and bustle behind. Perfect timing for starting the new year fresh. We are getting into a routine on the coast and it is starting to feel like home again.
Happy New Year Everyone! My plan is to focus on health, say yes to things I wouldn't normally try, network, and enjoy life as much as possible. I am excited for 2016. There is nothing like an EVEN year in the Bay Area.








No comments:
Post a Comment