We played the Challengers twice yesterday in Zurich. We dropped the first game, which was a bummer. We really wanted to leave with 2 wins, but the Devils and I couldn't quite pull a win together.
Between the games people were sitting in the dugout area feeling kind of down and being quiet (unlike us to be quiet). I felt like we needed to change the mood or else our day was going to end badly. After everyone was done eating, I grabbed my ipod speakers and said, "This is were we turn it around"
First song I played was We Speak No Americano. A few of us got up and danced and put on a good show. Once the music was going, I could feel the change in the mood.
The second game was totally different than the first. We came out aggressive with the bats and I was determined on the mount to shut the Challenger offense down. Ch and I were really proud of our hitters yesterday against the American pitcher. They looked ready to hit. One of the things we talked about before the game was to take the same swings in the game that we do in practice, because sometimes our team takes defensive cuts instead of aggressive swings against the Americans. This talk definitely paid off. Tanja was 4-4 on the day and Chanti hit a clutch double. We also bunted really well which helped the cause. Pascale laid down a perfect bunt, ran to second, and then scored on the next hit.
Tanja on first with her 1.00 on base percentage yesterday.
All of this resulted in a 1 hitter and 6-1 win. Looks like we are going to have to dance before every game now!
Good job, Devils!
ReplyDelete