Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tortellini


Third rainy day this week in Lommis and Ch and I took on our most ambitious cooking project yet.... homemade tortellini.

During my Martha Stewart phase, I learned how to make pasta so I was familiar with making the dough, but I had never made stuffed pasta before. We decided to make 3 different kinds because of all the different taste buds in our "family." Cheese, spinach, and spinach and mushroom.

Making the tortellini was fun, but it seriously took forever. Individually stuffing and wrapping each piece, enough for 5 people took about 2 hours (not including our break to eat). Each tortellini was definitely made with love!

When we were finally the done the kitchen was a mess. Flour everywhere and dough stuck to all kinds of surfaces. We throughly cleaned the kitchen and put it back to looking like the pristine Swiss household that we love living in.

Soo... guess what we are having for lunch today?! Yep, tortellini!


No comments:

Post a Comment