I had some travel woahs trying to get home to HMB today. My flight was scheduled to leave at 12:50 so I was at LAX at 11. The plane landed about 15 minutes late so they pushed our departure back to 1:04. At 1:05 the airline made an announcement that the plane had been hit by lightning inflight and they had to take an hour to make sure it was safe to fly. We could see about 5 different mechanics looking at the plane and taking pictures of the wings. It looked pretty skeptical and two hours later they announced that they had to cancel our flight completely because the airplane wasn't in good condition to fly. Thanks for NOTHING Delta. Happy Friday the 13th.
At this point there was a mad dash in the airport for all the people on my flight to get rebooked. I was 4th to last in line so I ended up just calling Delta Airlines and making them deal with me over the phone. Four phone calls, 3 terminals, and 8 hours waiting, I was on an American flight home to SFO. I was super bummed to be late too because I had planned to go to Zumba class with Ryan at her school.
The whole fam picked me up at the airport and we had a nice dinner followed by some shopping. So nice to be home on the couch after a long day. Yay for a weekend of Giants baseball and softball practice with my sister!
Have a great weekend, sorry about your LAX woes...
ReplyDelete