Saturday, April 14, 2012

Giants Game

The Giants won tonight 4-3. The game was tied in the bottom of the 9th, but they Giants pulled through after loading the bases with no outs. The players stormed the field with excitement.

It was a little chilly but a beautiful evening at the ball park in SF. They were giving away blankets and foam fingers last night. So cool! I have a Dodger Snuggie (buried in my closet) and an Angle blanket (gave it away, ew), and I was stoked to finally have a good giveaway from my own team. Kristin said I was a cheap date. Ha.

The Jewel 
When Kristin and I got into the ball park we asked an usher which stairs we should use. The usher looked at our tickets and got really excited. She showed us to a special escalator that took us up to the club level. Sooo nice inside! Our actual seats in club level were just kind of OK, but it was more the experience that made the game fun. We met a nice usher named Bob who found us second row seats for the last 3 innings and the fireworks show. Thanks Bob!
Free Foam Finger Day!
Inside club level is a museumy hall type area with a ton of different Giants memorabilia. The World Series stuff was the coolest to see. Check out the ring below. They also had the winning trophy, a ton of cool bobble heads, bases from historical games, and bats on display.
World Series Ring

Tie Game in the Bottom of the 9th
As awesome as seeing the game live is, Kristin and I didn't want it to go into extra innings. We like avoiding the cold and Giants torture. The Pirates managed to load the bases with no outs and then Melky Cabrera came up to bat. The kids behind us were having a blast yelling "Melky Milkshake" the entire game, so OF COURSE he would be the one to come up to bat. Not annoying at all. Melky hit a ground ball to the shortstop (a sure out, boo), but the throw wasn't great and the catcher bobbled it.
Giants Win 4-3!
The run scored and the Giants stormed the field. Woo!!! I love singing the Woohoo song after the game at AT&T Park.
Awesome Fireworks Post-Game Show Over the Bay
To celebrate the home opening weekend the Giants had fireworks over the bay. We don't usually stay long enough to see the post-game, but both Kristin and I were glad we did because the fireworks were pretty impressive. The new sponsors shelled out some serious money.

Fun night. I love baseball. Thanks to Kristin for going with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment