 |
| Stretching with the team |
My sister had her first softball practice today in HMB. Her team is called the Livewires and they are navy blue and red. RR met her coaches and teammates and I heard they had a good first practice. Throwing and hitting basics. My sister also claimed to know how to pitch, which I think is adorable. Hey, if she wants to pitch, we'll teach her!
 |
| Hitting with Dad |
My dad helped out a little bit with the team. The HMB league is very community oriented so most parents help as much as they can. At 8 years old the more helping hands at practice the better because most of the girls are total beginners.
 |
| RR in the Cage |
I think the highlight of practice for my sister was hitting in the batting cage for the first time. My dad said she hit well and walked into the cage confidently. I like that about my sister. She doesn't get nervous when she tries new things. A hitting cage and pitching machine can be a little intimidating, but she didn't let it phase her.
Evenings like this are hard for me to live far away from home. I want to help with the Livewires too! Thanks to Kristin for the picture and text updates.
In another unrelated topic... There was an article in the Half Moon Bay Review today about my dad's books that he published. A few of the facts are incorrect, but that's what you can expect from a small local newspaper. My dad's books are about us, his family, so check out the
article if you are interested. I am always proud to be his daughter.
great ~ thanks for the report!
ReplyDeleteNow that I know the combination again for the batting cage, I'll try to help Ryan get some live batting practice. So instead of do the pitching practice moves, i'll be swinging an imaginary bat in the mirror, thinking of how to explain it.
ReplyDeleteWow - 8 year olds in a batting cage? They don't spooked? Ryan is amazing for sure.
ReplyDelete