 |
| Looking the Part |
My sister tried out for the HMB Girls Softball League this afternoon. She will be in the mini division for the youngest and newest players ages 8-10. RR already had a glove and bat form a few years a go, but I got her a softball bag and cool socks. We also bought her some cleats and softball pants on Friday night. She totally looked the part, game day hair included.
We went up to the field an hour early to check it out. Some older girls were on the field already. We watched them a little, said hi to all the people I knew from way back in the day and then RR and I warmed up a bit. It was nice because RR had a few friends trying out too so she wasn't alone in line.
 |
| Warming Up |
There were about fifteen 8 year olds trying out for the league. Only a few girls had any softball experience at all so it was pretty cute to watch. Ryan seemed sure of herself because we have done a little practicing here and there.
 |
| A little hitting |
RR's tryout was great! She fielded and threw the 3 ground balls to her and caught 2 of the three fly balls. We had never worked on fly balls before so my dad and I were very nervous watching that part from the stands. RR is a good hitter and she looked like one of the more experienced batters. She likes to hit too so I am hoping she will have some success in the box and she will think softball is fun.
 |
| In line for fielding |
Good first day. Ryan will find out what team she will be on this summer later in the week. I'll keep you posted! Not sure who is more excited to find out the news, me or her.
this is making me so happy ~ good job, Claire!
ReplyDelete