Friday, April 6, 2012

Glendale College

I went with my friend Katie to the Glendale College softball games this afternoon. A few weeks ago the coach came to an IH game and asked me if I had any senior pitchers. I don't on my team currently, but Katie immediately came to mind. She is a senior and has been looking for a JC to play at next year because she had double hip surgery and missed her senior recruiting season for division I. I gave the coach her information and he called her that night and invited her to a game.

Between the double header today I introduced the coach to Katie and he was really excited to meet her. They hit is off when he learned that she is a pitcher and power hitter. He found the athletics director in the stands and we shook hands with him too. Timing couldn't have been better. The coach invited Katie to a team BBQ after the game and introduced her to the team as "the girl who will pitch for us next year." She is now verbally committed to play at Glendale next year.

1 comment: