My friend Kelly's women's league team needed an extra player so I said I would help out. As I was walking up to the field in Burbank and about to introduce myself to the coach I got nailed with a foul ball on top of the head. Imagine this:
Me: Hi, I'm Claire
Coach: Nice to meet you, thanks for coming out...
CLUNK
Ahhh!! Didn't even see it coming.
I sat down immediately and was super dizzy (warning sign #1). The world was spinning, my head was killing me, and my stomach was in knots, but the team only had 7 players, so I played anyway. Kelly and I warmed up over hand and the first ball hit me square in the leg. I didn't even see it. Warning sign #2 I shouldn't be on the field.
I actually had a great game. Hit a triple to right center my first at bat and played awesome at second base. I think my adrenalin was pumping to keep me going.
![]() |
| This is me looking ridic pre ER. |
I had a CAT scan at the hospital. Never done that before. The Dr said I had a concussion and should only sleep in 2 hour increments. I took today off work because of my pounding head and my eyes get tired easily. I am currently feeling better but I am planning to take another day off tomorrow to recover.
That's it for now. Typing with my eyes closed isn't making sense. Back to bed.

Ball to head = Accident
ReplyDeletePlaying game after = Not so adult
Going to ER = Adult
Taking two days off work = Really adult
You're getting there...