It has been quite the reunion in Switzerland this weekend. Sleeping is not something that has happened, Which I am totally OK with because I am not here as often as I would like to be. Nadja hosted an American themed party at her farm last night. Everyone was instructed to wear red, white, blue. It was funny because all the Swiss girls were prepared but Christina and I had to scramble to put together outfits.
| The Devils |
It was so nice to see all the Devils again and even some of the baseball players too. The girls all seem to be doing well and they looked great. The night was really fun because Ch and I felt like we picked up right where we left off. I love having good friends all over the world.
| V, Ch, Tanja, and I |
For Sunday lunch, Ch, V and I had lunch with Tiin and his parents at their new apartment. It is a brand new modern apartment. Momma Ursi and Sepp seem to be doing really well and they are happy with their new place. Momma U made her lasagna (yum!) and salad with strawberry cream for dessert. Proof that she still loves us!
| Ch, Momma Ursi, Tiin, Me |
![]() |
| See ya later! |
| I love Sunflowers |
Nadja helped me live one of the few dreams I never got to accomplish while living here. We stopped at the field for me to take pictures in. Yay!
| Only took 3 trips to CH to complete this vision. |
Most were over my head. The field smelled so good and was covered in bees. I tried to be as stealth as possible so I didn't bother any bees.
| My notta-carrot or beet |
I think this is the funniest picture of me so far this trip. When we were walking to the sunflower field we had to go through a field of some kind of root that makes sugar. From what I understood, it is like a beet, but it isn't red. I tasted it and it was sweet, except it was over powered by dirt. N couldn't think of the English translation. I pulled it cleanly out of the ground and felt like I picked a huge carrot.
Oh man, I love this country. It was great to see all my friends who are a little bit more grown up, but are still avoiding getting old. Always a good time here in Switzerland. Thank you to everyone who hung out with us!
Tomorrow Ch and I are taking the train to Paris. It is a 4 hour train ride from Zurich. I am sooo excited to shop because I haven't bought much yet. I think there is Internet in our hostel, but not completely sure. I will post about the next leg of our trip as soon as I can.

wonderful post again...
ReplyDelete