Friday, August 10, 2012

Eiffel Tower Day and Night

In the last two days, we have pretty much done everything possible that you can do at the Eiffel Tower, both touristy and native.

 Last night we went to the park in front of the Eiffel Tower at sunset. We hung out on a blanket and ate dinner. It was cool because there were tons of people, both local and tourists on the grass enjoying themselves. Some were playing guitars, most were drinking wine, and it was a fun atmosphere. We played cards, took pictures, and shared funny stories.
Living the Dream
Christina was especially happy about sitting under the Eiffel Tower. It has been her vision since she got here. At 10PM the tower glitters with flashing lights and we got to see that twice until we left around 11. I wondered how late the locals stay out on a Thursday night because we were one of the first groups to leave.

This morning we woke up early (as usual, we will sleep when we are home, or in my case I am waiting until I die so I don't miss out on anything cool) and took the metro back to the Eiffel Tower. Ch, Omayra and I climbed the stairs of the Eiffle Tower! We figured it would be a nice morning hike.
Ch stretching before the stairs
 I was expecting the hike to be really challenging because I haven't been to a gym in over 2 weeks, but I actually wasn't winded at all. We climbed 670 stairs total and I was impressed with how good of shape I am still in considering all the bread and croissants I have been eating.
 This is the view of Sacre Coure from the Eiffel Tower. Hazy morning in Paris.
 The view of the top from the first platform.

A nice stranger took a picture of us once we got to the top of the stairs. We were joking that we were at the top of the Space Needle in Seattle because it looks like the view could be anywhere.

Last night in Paris. I think we are going to dress up and find a nice cafe to sit in near Les Halles. I don't want to go home! My trip has been awesome and I actually feel rejuvenated. Traveling is such a good feeling for me. I need to do it more often I am realizing to make myself happy.

Next blog post will be from good old Pasadena. I will be in CA tomorrow evening. I'll miss the view of Paris, but at least I have the mural in my living room to remind me of my trip. Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment