Sunday, August 12, 2012

Good Morning Jet Lag

Bush in the Huston Airport
Hello everyone from across the pond in Pasadena. You know you are home in the USA with the first and only statue you see all day is of George HW Bush. Great.

Our trip home was smooth by the time we got to the airport. We took the metro to the airport and good thing we left ridiculously early because it took 2 hours to find our way there. My Paris Metro app predicted 45 minutes but after a lot of confusion we made it.

Christina and I had the same flight home to Huston and then we said good bye so she could go back to the Bay Area and I flew to LAX. I would say that C and Ch successfully took on Europe again and I just transferred my left over money into my "travel savings" account so I can start to think about my next trip.

Conclusions about Euro Trip 2012:
I need more Europe in my life.
I have great friends, both European and American.
Traveling makes me truly happy.
Having a plan with a loose daily agenda is the best way to go to ensure you don't miss anything exciting and spontaneous.

Lazy Sunday today (if you count, the gym, laundry, errands, and catching up with friends as lazy). Faculty inservice for year #2 at IH starts on Tuesday. I love summer and I am going to try to hold on to these fulfilled feelings as long as I can.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home Claire! Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us -- your blog has been fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Lucy: Your blog is so fun to read! Feels like I went to Europe 'in my mind'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are home again ~ thanks for the delightful travel blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best times traveling with you! So glad Paris happened and I loved every moment! I am truly lucky to hve an amazing friend in my life (even tho she is an extreme tour guide!) :) love u clairebear
    -ch

    ReplyDelete