
Syd and I went down to the Grand Central Market for lunch today. It is a "European style" market with food from all around the world and also produce stands. The place has lots of potential but it is over crowded and impossible to find a place to sit. It reminded me of the farmer's market in the grove.
On the bright side, Syd was delighted to find a currywurst stand from Berlin. We miss Germany! Syd said it was good, but doesn't compare to the real thing.
After we had lunch, we didn't stay long. I haven't spent much time in downtown LA, which seems weird because I live so close, but every time I do go, I am reminded why. It is on the dirty side and it is always congested. A few hour adventure is all I can handle before I need to get back to suburbia.
No comments:
Post a Comment