 |
| At the boat launch |
School holiday today so our department planned a trip to Pyramid Lake off the 5. A couple people have jet skis and one has a really nice boat so the entire day we were riding in style. Most of the beaches at Pyramid lake are only accessible from the water. Once we got the watercraft in the water, everyone hopped on, some three to a jet ski, and we went out for the day.
 |
| We are off! |
This was my first time on a jet ski so I was a little nervous. They are fast but much more stable than I expected. I didn't ride very fast at first, but by the end of the day I was feeling confident. I didn't go full throttle by myself, but when I rode the back of the racing one I saw the speedometer hit 75mp. That was nuts! When we stopped I flew up in the air and landed back on the seat. I have a mystery bruise on my behind that looks like perfect polka dots... my guess is from my landing.
 |
| The boat on the beach |
 |
| This bad boy was powerful! I wasn't ready to drive it |
After driving around for a little we picked a beach that had some shade. Since it was a Thursday and no longer summer, the lake was quiet and we had the beach to ourselves. We unloaded our picnic and hung out.
 |
| Tubing |
One person brought an inner tube to tow behind the jet ski. I wasn't so sure about doing it, but somehow they convinced me. I laid on my stomach and held on for my life. Do one thing a day that scares you, right?! It ended up being really fun as they whipped me around in circles. At one point I caught the wake just right and was bouncing pretty high. I was also impressed with myself because my arms didn't get tired and I didn't have to let go in the middle of the lake.
Fun day off today and it was cool to try something new. Looking forward to going again next year.
 |
| All pics were taken with my GoPro |
No comments:
Post a Comment